Tuesday, August 14, 2012

An evening of Haikus

In order of inspiration, by Shana and Micah.

Underwater cats
Meow glugg glugg meow.
What a way to fish.
-Shana

This heat is too much,
I fried an egg on the floor.
Now my egg has lint.
-Micah

Umbrella tree of green,
mother protecting my head.
I don't want to die.
-Shana

Deary me dozens,
an old lady used to say
in exasperation.
-Micah

Smoke ash dust ash smoke.
Why have we no water pure?
I am so thirsty.
-Shana

The autumn wind blows
sweet in my love's sun-kissed hair.
My heart burns forever.
-Micah

Skin meets skin, sweat, tears-
I share my feelings with you...
you punched my heart flat.
-Shana

Deeply we cherish
in the burning house or arms,
where two roads are one.
-Micah

Weightless, white and pure.
Float on, you angel demon
You can't take my cloud.
-Shana

I look for the rain
when all I see is the sun.
and light when it pours.
-Micah

Summer turns to fall.
Leaves scream loudly and then die.
...It is beautiful.
-Shana

I tripped on a squirrel
This doesn't make any sense at all!
My feet smell like fish.
-Micah

My tongue feels so thick.
Too much salt on the popcorn?
I'd kill for a coke.
-Shana

Swing me high and low.
Hurtle me up to the moon.
Don't you dare drop me.
-Micah

A face in the crowd,
afraid what the future brings,
I stand to the side.
-Shana

Is life fraught with change?
A maelstrom of uncertainty?
Hold fast to your spirit!
-Micah

His nostrils flare tight.
"That is worse than holy hell."
Old cat litter hell.
-Shana

No comments:

Post a Comment